Travel Insurance for Cruising
The TID policy covers your cruising holiday for no extra cost! Not only are your overseas medical costs covered on-board but we will also reimburse your prepaid excursions you miss out on due to illness. Medical evacuation is also covered from the shore to the nearest medical facilities when agreed by us.
Your formal attire is covered automatically up to $700 per item if it’s lost, stolen or damaged. You can increase cover for an additional premium. Read on for more detail about our cruise cover.
Cruising within Australian waters
Travellers on domestic cruises in Australian waters should select 'Australian Waters' as their destination in order to be covered for medical treatment on-board which is administered by international doctors and not under Medicare.
Please note that if you only select Australia as your destination, you will be purchasing a Domestic plan which does not include cover for any medical expenses. Any medical expenses incurred within Australia are not covered by any of our insurance policies as The Private Health Insurance Act 2007 prevents us from doing so.
When you are cruising in international waters, select the countries where you will be docking.
If you are sick or injured on board and need to see the doctor, please keep all receipts and get copies of any medical reports available. Should your illness or injury require medical evacuation off the ship, please ensure the doctor contacts our 24 hour emergency assistance team to first obtain approval and to arrange the transportation.
- Overseas medical expenses on-board the ship and on shore.
- Medical evacuation costs: should you suffer a sudden illness or serious injury on-board the ship and require evacuation, following our approval we cover the costs to transport you to the nearest appropriate medical facility.
- Loss, theft or damage to your luggage and personal effects; formal wear and jewellery is covered up to $700 per item. Laptops, tablets, cameras and video cameras are all cover upto $4,000 per item on The Works/Annual Multi Trip plans and up to $2,000 on the Basics plan
- Accidental Death benefit
- Total Permanent Disability benefit
What’s not covered?
- any search and rescue expenses
- financial, business, professional or contractual agreements
- you, a member of your travelling party or a close relative intentionally exposing themselves to a needless risk or not taking reasonable care, except in an attempt to save a human life;
- loss, theft or damage to watercraft of any type (excluding surfboards);
- damage to sports and leisure equipment (including surfboards) while in use ;
- marine diversion costs; and
- personal liability - if you injure someone or cause damage to someone’s property due to your ownership, possession or use (including as a passenger) of any watercraft
Full terms, conditions and exclusions are available in the PDS.