Automatically covered medical conditions
We automatically cover the following allergies/intolerances provided you have not been hospitalised in the last 24 months for any condition nor have any other pre-existing medical conditions:
- Chronic Sinusitis
- Food Intolerance
Covered with an additional premium
Other allergies not listed above can also covered with an additional premium provided you haven't been hospitalised in the last 24 months for any condition nor have any other pre-existing medical conditions. The allergies must not fall under Step 2 - pre-existing medical conditions which are not covered.
The additional premium will depend on where you are going and the duration. A quote can be obtained quickly from the website by answering yes to the first question "Do you or anyone on this policy have a Pre-existing Medical Condition?" and answering the remaining questions in the purchase path until you receive your quote.
Dependent children with allergies
If your dependent child has an allergy where you will need to pay an additional premium, you can purchase the policy in your name, list the child on the policy and pay for the additional premium. Your partner and any other children can go on a separate policy. Children who have one of the automatically included allergies do not need a separate policy if they meet all the conditions outlined in the PDS under Step 1 – Automatically covered medical conditions.
Excluded conditionsOur policy will exclude allergies/intolerances where:
- there has been hospitalisation (including day surgery or emergency department attendance) for any condition in the 24 months prior to purchasing; or
- you have not yet sought a medical opinion regarding the cause; or
- you are currently under investigation to define a diagnosis; or
- you are awaiting specialist opinion; or
- there are any other pre-existing medical conditions not included on the list of Automatically Covered Medical Conditions.