Travel Insurance for Sailing
Sailing or boating is a great way to get around when you are travelling. Our policy covers you if you are on a boat for a day or if you are on an extended trip and a boat is the main mode of transport, you can be sailing within coastal waters or outside coastal waters.
- Overseas medical expenses for sudden illness or serious injury while sailing
- Travel expenses for your return home or evacuation are only covered if the attending registered medical practitioner advises us in writing that you are unable to continue with your trip due to sudden illness or serious injury
- Any medical evacuation required must be advised to our 24 hour emergency assistance team as soon as practical so that arrangements can be made promptly
- You must be following any marine laws
- Any search and rescue expenses and expenses
- Medical expenses in Australia
- Personal Liability is excluded if you are sailing, you will not be covered if you injure someone or cause damage to someone’s property due to your ownership, possession or use (including as a passenger) of any watercraft
- Racing or taking part in a professional sporting activity
- Intentionally exposing yourself to a needless risk or not taking reasonable care except in an attempt to save a human life
- There is no cover for the boat itself or the excess for hiring a boat, so ensure you are appropriately insured through the rental company
Please refer to the PDS available on our website for the full benefit limits, conditions and exclusions that apply.