Automatically Covered Medical Conditions
- do not have any other pre-existing medical conditions (other than those listed in conditions 1-43 below) and
- have not been hospitalised (including day surgery or emergency department attendance) in the past 24 months for any condition.
43 Automatically Covered Medical Conditions covered for free
- Allergies limited to Rhinitis, Chronic Sinusitis, Eczema, Food Intolerance, Hayfever
- Asthma providing that you are less than 60 years of age at the time of policy purchase and/or have no other lung disease
- Bell’s Palsy
- Benign Positional Vertigo
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Coeliac Disease
- Congenital Blindness
- Congenital Deafness
- Diabetes Mellitus (Types I and II) – providing you were diagnosed over 12 months ago; have no eye, kidney, nerve or vascular complications; and do not also suffer from a known cardiovascular disease, Hypertension, Hyperlipidaemia or Hypercholesterolaemia (and are under 50 years of age at the date of policy purchase for Type I).
- Dry Eye Syndrome
- Epilepsy provided there has been no change to your medication regime in the past 12 months
- Folate Deficiency
- Gastric Reflux
- Graves’ Disease
- Hiatus Hernia
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolaemia) provided you do not also suffer from a known cardiovascular disease and/or diabetes
- High Blood Lipids (Hyperlipidaemia) provided you do not also suffer from a known cardiovascular disease and/or diabetes
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension) provided you do not also suffer from a known cardiovascular disease and/or diabetes
- Hypothyroidism, including Hashimoto’s Disease
- Impaired Glucose Tolerance
- Insulin Resistance
- Iron Deficiency Anaemia
- Macular Degeneration
- Meniere’s Disease
- Nocturnal Cramps
- Pernicious Anaemia
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Pregnancy: for a single, uncomplicated pregnancy, where your trip ends on or before 26 weeks gestation, which does not arise from services or treatment associated with an assisted reproductive program, including but not limited to in vitro fertilisation.
- Raynaud’s Disease
- Sleep Apnoea
- Solar Keratosis
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Trigger Finger
- Vitamin B12 Deficiency
If you claim for a condition that is on the list of Automatically Covered Medical Conditions but it also relates to another condition which we don't cover, the Automatically Covered Medical Condition will also be excluded.
My condition is not in this list
If you have a condition not listed here, you may still be covered by paying an additional premium (available under the The Basics and The Works Plans only). A quote can be obtained quickly from the website by answering ‘yes’ to the first question on the Terms & Conditions screen - “Do you or anyone on this policy have a Pre-existing Medical Condition?” - and answering the remaining questions in the purchase path according to your circumstances, until you receive your quote.
There are some conditions we don't cover under TID travel insurance, and you will need to seek cover elsewhere for them. You are welcome to contact SureSave who offer a specialist medical screening. Assessment of your pre-existing medical condition takes just one phone call for most people. You may ring 1300 763 872 to be assessed; just have details of your medical history ready when you call.
Full terms, conditions and exclusions are available in the PDS.