Travel Insurance for Surfing
The Travel Insurance Direct policy will cover you when you are surfing or body boarding on your own or as part of an organised group.
- Overseas medical expenses for sudden illness or serious injury
- Medical evacuation to the nearest facility for treatment
- Cancellation or rearrangement of your pre-paid travel and accommodation arrangements because you can’t continue on your trip or you need to catch up to your trip when you’re better
- Repatriation home including additional leg room or stretcher, nurse escort or additional medical assistance, once approved by us following medical advice
- The costs for an escort to be with you. This may be a family member from Australia or one of your travelling companions in place of the attending registered medical practitioner, when agreed by us.
- Loss of income benefit when you are injured (does not apply to illness). Only available on The Works and Annual Multi Trip
- Daily allowance in hospital for hospitalisations over 48 hours
- Costs towards your original return airfare if you need to be brought back with a medical escort and you were in hospital for more than 25% of your trip
- Accidental Death benefit paid to your estate should you die within 12 months of the injury (does not apply to dependent children)
- Total Permanent Disability benefit paid to you if you experience permanent loss of sight in one or both eyes or permanent total loss of one or more limbs within a year of an accident resulting in injury (limited benefit for dependent children)
- Surfboards and body boards are covered for loss, theft and damage up to $700. If it’s worth more and/or you want to avoid depreciation you can list it on your policy and pay an additional premium.
- You or someone you are travelling with must contact our 24 hour emergency assistance team to arrange any medical evacuation, guarantee medical expenses to a hospital and to repatriate you to Australia.
What's not covered?
We will not pay for any claims arising from:
- Damage to surfboards: while you are using them and/or caused by normal wear & tear
- Racing (except on foot)
- Professional sports ie, you are receiving a wage, salary or appearance fee for training for or participating in the activity
- Any search and rescue expenses
- Medical expenses in Australia
Please refer to the PDS
available on our website for the full benefit limits, conditions and exclusions that apply.