Are we covered for a motorbike if we only have L plates?

Are we covered overseas on a motorbike if we only have L plates?


  • Up 0 Rated Down

    HI Cade,

    Thanks for getting in touch.

    There is coverage under our policy for motorcycle riding. We do not have an exclusion regarding you being on your L plates however there are conditions you need to be aware of:


    • You must be licensed in Australia to ride the same class of motorcycle you wish to ride overseas. You will also need to hold a valid licence in the country/countries where you are riding.
    • You must wear a helmet even if it is not required in the country you are riding in.. If you are planning to ride a motorcycle when you are away, plan on taking your helmet in case there isn’t one available there.
    • Follow the road rules of that country.
    • If you are a passenger on a motorcycle then you need to wear a helmet. You do not need to be licensed as a driver.

    We have a great article online regarding our insurance and motorcycle riding and exclusions we may have in place. Please click here to view this article online.

    If you are happy with the coverage we provide and would like to get a quote, please visit our website;

    I hope this has helped. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.