If sick or injured

- Children go for free -- Does it mean if I travel with 2 children. They will be covered everything same me with no cost and even no excess fee (if I choose) when making a claim?
- Can I get covered if I sick or injured but not emergency and go to outpatient in hospital?
- Can I go any private hospital?
- What is situations that I have to contact you immediately or can make a claim after I come back home.


  • Up -2 Rated Down

    Hi Tanya,

    Thanks for getting in touch with us, I hope you’re well.

    You’re correct, your dependent children travelling with you under the same policy will have the same policy coverage (unless stated otherwise) as described in the Product Disclosure Statement.

    Coverage is available for your medical expenses incurred overseas for the _reasonable cost of emergency medical, hospital, road ambulance or other treatment you actually and necessarily receive overseas during the trip because you suffer a sudden illness or serious injury. As the policy states that you must make an effort to keep your medical expenses to a minimum, you can’t simply go to a private hospital and assume we’ll cover it for you. The treatment you receive needs to be medically necessary at the time.

    When you’re in doubt it’s always a good idea to get in touch with the Emergency Assistance team, they’ll be the ones who can tell you what to do next. However, if you find that you’ve been admitted to a hospital, need a medical evacuation or if your bills are likely to exceed $2,000, you must get in touch with us as soon as you’re practically able to. While some expenses may be approved for you, you’ll still need to go through the claims process once you get back home, to make sure the expenses were approved properly.

    Emergency Assistance are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and are located in our office here in Sydney.

    Phone: +61 2 9234 3123 or +61 2 8256 1523*

    I hope you find this helpful.

    Kind regards,